niedziela, 21 lipca 2019

National Mountain Day 2019


This was my first NMD contest. I have prepared all the equipment before carefully checking that is not exceeding the allowed weight. Surprisingly the biggest issue was to find so many 15 characters words - I downloaded thousands of English words from internet to discover, single words in English are never so long (only German is famous for it). Finally looked for famous people (writers, actors, painters) where the first and the last name are together long enough.

The weather forecast was very nice for that day so on the day of the contest my mountain welcomed me with …heavy rain. I survived, my antenna not. In the middle of the contest suddenly the propagation went down.. At least I thought so… But after removing the water from the antenna the “propagation” went back to normal…

Contest was fun, my cw skills are “in progress” and I really appreciate that everyone was sending the messages in speed comfortable for me. Many thanks for that, I do really appreciate. I promise next year will be faster 😊. And next year will have waterproof antenna too.

So, mni tnx es hpe cu agn next nmd, 73! de Marcin HB9EGA
















Brak komentarzy: