niedziela, 14 września 2008

Superantennas YP-3




Just received ordered YP-3 from superantennas.com and was eager to see how it works. I chosen some parking with some recreational area above Zurich (with beautiful view for the city and all it's HF noise included :))) But was calm, accessible by car and with enough space to build this construction. Antenna is well designed and easy to mount. I used Buddipole mast (5m) - just for test use is ok but for this antenna is too weak. Actually I'm looking around for stronger and higher mast.



It was just weekend with CQ WW DX contest and I could heard many stations calling but I didn't want to participate in this contest so this time I was just SWL. I tested antenna with VNA and found it working really fine - SWR about 1.4 and really high difference in signal strength when directed towards the station and in other directions. For 20m band my 5 meters mast is definitely too low.




Brak komentarzy: